In an effort to support “Programme Bending” from April 2009 a new funding stream will be available called the “Outcomes Fund”. As with all things new, there are still several matters to be resolved such as whether European money can be used as match funding. However these are being worked through with WAG and WEFO at the moment.
The main points of the fund are as follows:
• Applications can be submitted for activities and services that benefit one or more than one Communities First area within a county or county borough area, and also across County areas
• Applications must be linked to the Work Programmes and Action Plans of one or more CF Partnerships.
• The Fund will (normally) provide up to a maximum of £300,000 for up to a three year period. Proposals for projects with a larger budget should be discussed with the relevant WAG Regional Implementation Team at an early stage.
• The minimum value of an application is £5,000 in a financial year, and £25,000 over 3 years.
• Applications should aim to demonstrate an in principle funding contribution of at least 50% of the total project cost.
• The financial contribution can consist of actual cost of any direct input by partner organisations/service providers or ‘in kind’. Further details relating to ‘in kind’ contribution will be issued separately.
• All financial contribution must demonstrate that it is integral to the delivery of the proposal, not existing resources that have been relabelled or ‘bolted’ onto the activity/services that funding is being requested to support.
• Any in kind contribution must demonstrate that it is in addition and specific to delivering the proposal, not existing resources relabelled